Lou Madigan Mills
One of our most popular cosmetic dentistry options, porcelain veneers are an excellent solution for a variety of cosmetic issues, including:
- Slight crookedness
- Small chips and cracks
- Stains or discoloration
- Unevenly sized teeth
Consisting of a thin, custom-fitted facing of sturdy, natural looking dental porcelain, porcelain veneers are permanently bonded to the front of your teeth, giving you a straighter, brighter, more beautiful smile.
Porcelain veneer material
Our porcelain veneers are created using a specially formulated dental porcelain. It consists of a material that replicates the color, texture, and translucency of natural tooth enamel. Because it is permanently bonded to the tooth, dental porcelain can strengthen your natural teeth, helping to prevent further damage.
The porcelain veneer procedure
There are two dental visits. During your first visit:
- We will work with you to choose the right shape, size, and color for your veneers
- We will prepare your teeth, gently planing and texturing the surface as necessary, to ensure a tight, secure fit for your veneers
- We will take a precise custom mold of your teeth to send to our carefully chosen, state-of-the-art dental laboratory, where your veneers will be custom fabricated
During your second appointment:
- You can examine your completed veneers
- We will clean the surfaces of your teeth thoroughly, and use a permanent dental adhesive to attach the veneers.
In these two easy visits, you will achieve a stunning, beautiful new smile.
Please call or email our offices today to learn more about our porcelain veneers or the other services and procedures we offer. We'll be happy to answer your questions and to show you around our spa-like facilities serving Portland, Oregon. You can sip a cappuccino and enjoy freshly-baked cookies, and have a personal consultation with Dr. Wendling.